Triple Clicks

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sewing

I started on some sewing projects yesterday. 

To figure out my 'new' sewing machine, I made me a skirt from a few old pairs of pants. My sewing machine is a hand-me-down from my mother in law made around 1925, but at least it has electric. :) 

So I cut up some pants and going off pictures I saw on Pinterest, I started pinning pieces together and sewing them on. If I had been able to do it all in one sitting, it would have been done in a few hours. As it sat, I couldn't do that. So I did most of it last night and finished this morning. 

It has a few rough places, but doesn't look too bad and should be pretty comfortable. Anything has to better than hot jeans and I've been wanting skirts..so here's my solution. 

I have material and some nicer capris I plan on making a nice skirt out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment