Triple Clicks

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Some New Recipes

Here's some of our favorite recipes straight from my recipe box. I'll make a new section on the right hand side for these so they will be easier to find.. I'm really bad about remembering to take the camera to the kitchen when I cook to take pictures, so no pictures of these. 

Lasagna-this recipe I got from my mom, so I'm not sure where it came from. 
2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 tsp oregano
1 quart tomatoes
16 ounces tomato sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all together and bring to boil, then turn down to simmer while gathering the rest. 
24 ounce cream cheese, ricotta cheese or instant rice
1 cup parmesan cheese (I usually use way more than that, but don't measure)
3/4 pound mozarella cheese, shredded or grated (again, usually use more)
1 package lasagna noodles (enough for two full layers)

Layer: meat, noodles, cheeses. End with meat and cheese on top. With the cheese I don't measure, we like cheesy lasagna so I just put on until it looks good. 
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 200 for 3-4 hours. Let set 15 minutes before serving  (or just enough time to use the broiler to make garlic bread). 

Easy Taco Tamale Pie-I got this recipe when Andrew was a baby, It was probably from Kraft, but I'm not sure. 
2 lb ground beef
1 bag whole kernel corn
16 oz jar picante sauce
1 bag shredded taco cheese 
2 boxes corn muffin mix

Heat oven to 375. Cook beef in skillet and drain. Put the meat in a 9x13 casserole dish, mix in Picante sauce, corn and cheese. Prepare corn muffin mix and drop on top of beef mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until corn muffin topping is golden brown.


Sloppy Joes-this is another one from my mom
8 oz drained tomato sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon BBQ sauce
2 tsp salt
Mix and simmer for 20 minutes, serve

My husband really likes rice to eat with this instead of or along with hamburger buns. 


Sweet Hawaiian Chicken in the Crock Pot-This was one that was circulating around Facebook and Dennis wanted to try it. The jury is still out on it. 
2 lbs chicken tenderloin, diced
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 soy sauce

Marinate overnight. 
Cook 6-8 hours. Serve with rice. 
The first time I cooked this, I used completely frozen chicken, so I had to shred it when it was done cooking instead of starting with diced.. This last time I diced it and it was dry. So...we are still deciding if we like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment