Triple Clicks

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Beef Enchiladas (Or Burritos)

Hubby calls these burritos, I call them enchiladas-you pick. :)

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 32 oz can refried beans
1 16 oz jar sour cream 
1 lb cheddar cheese
1 jar picante sauce or salsa
Enchilada Sauce-I just buy the stuff in the can next to the refried beans
1 package tortillas

Brown beef with the onion and drain

 While it's browning, warm up the refried beans,  mix in sour cream, half the cheese, half the jar of picante sauce. 
 When the beef is brown, mix in the refried bean mixture.Preheat oven to 375
Grease two casserole dishes (I use coconut oil)-but trust me, you don't want to forget this step, I've done it too many times. 
 On a plate, place your tortilla shell, take a ladle and spoon in a spoon full of the beef mixture.
 Wrap tortilla up, place in casserole end down so it stays together. 
Keep on going until tortillas are gone. 

 Top with the enchilada sauce or salsa and cheese. 

 My extras


 ...This is a fire I decided to start. It WAS one of those little rubber things to keep my cutting board from slipping. it started a fire. This is what happens when I'm talking and cooking at the same time. 
 Bake for 30 minutes. 
This makes about 10 enchiladas with some leftover. I put that in pyrex dish for dipping for the next day. 
Looks pretty good, doesn't it? :) The extras in the pyrex dish came about because the kids weren't able to eat the tougher baked tortillas...so I started putting some fillings in a dish without the shell. Now they want the shell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment