Triple Clicks

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Sesame Seed Chicken

We love Chinese food about as much as we love pizza. We always say it's a good we don't live in the city because we would be tempted to have food delivered more than we should. But there's barely any good places to eat here, none that deliver. So last summer I started looking for recipes that are typical take out food that I could make at home. 

The first time I tried this, I also tried fried rice. I was told to keep the chicken recipe but never try fried rice again. :) We just eat regular rice with it. 

This was a recipe that I found on Pinterest, but I'm not sure who wrote the recipe, so thanks to that person because it's AWESOME. I looked for my pin but can't find it. 

Slow Cooker Sesame Seed Chicken
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (I have used bone in and thighs before, take the skin off first. The boneless skinless is the easiest)
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 TBSP dried onion (I typically use onion powder)
4 TBSP ketchup
2 TBSP oil (recipe recommends olive or vegetable, but it's awesome with machine pressed coconut oil.. not so much with hand pressed, the coconut flavor just makes it taste funny)
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp corn starch dissolved in 6 tablespoons water
Sesame Seeds


 Put chicken in crock pot.  This is the chicken and our honey raw honey-notice the funny looking patch at the bottom-I had to pick out a few bees, you know it's fresh when your honey has some dead bees. :D



Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3-4 hours or high 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours.  (I was distracted by children and just started dumping instead of stirring together first-it tasted the same.  


Remove chicken, leave sauce. 


Dissolve corn starch and pour in crock pot. Stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes or until thick.  


 Cut chicken into bite size pieces, return to crock pot. 



 Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds-The kids don't like theirs touching...
Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment