Triple Clicks

Monday, August 18, 2014

Grandma's Birthday Dinner Shopping

This last Saturday was my mother-in-law's birthday and we wanted to do something special for her. We were thinking it would be cheaper to just do dinner at home, but in the end (thanks to small town prices), all we saved was the gas money and some stress on my part with keeping two toddlers and a baby happy in a restaurant for an hour. 

The menu for grandma's birthday party:
Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Broccoli
Birthday Cake
Dinner Rolls


The shopping trip. 
I did this in town since hubby decided last minute to stay home. 
Cream cheese 8 oz 2.19
Broccoli cuts (frozen) 1.69
Powdered Sugar (2) 1.69 each 3.38
Ball Tip Steak (not the best, but it's what they had) 3 steaks for 19.83
Top Sirloin Steak (for daddy and grandma-I had to mix and match what I bought) two steaks for 22.44
Baker Potatoes .59/lb at 2.32 lbs 1.37

We were also running low on a few things, so had to buy some stock up items..
Coconut 1.65
Pretzel snacks 1.19
candy (I'm a sucker lol) .24
Deli meat 4.00
Hot Dogs 2.00

Total of this trip was 63.56

Two days later I realized I forgot the rolls...so back we go
Grands Biscuits 1.99
Cinnamon Rolls 2.45
Rootbeer .99
Nut roll (told ya, I'm a sucker) 1.00
because of store policy I had to get enough to be over $5 to run a debit card....
Total 6.82

So I spent $70.82


But we were ready to have a good little party with yummy food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment