Triple Clicks

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's Cold Out There!

Fall is officially here. I think we did pretty good, we walked around town, many times a week from about April to last week. I was hoping to take a walk today, and while the toddlers and I would be fine, I just don't feel comfortable with keeping the baby in the 20mph COLD wind that long. So it is with a sad face that I put the stroller away, sprayed with vinegar to keep it safe from the millions of spiders in my basement.. Or at least that's what I should do. It did get sprayed, and the basket did get emptied (we keep blankets in the bottom to protect eggs on walks home from the grocery store).. but it's still sitting in the bottom. 

My baking has been put on hold until I can make it to the store because we are missing key ingredients here and there. 

We have cocoa mix  and hot tea bags in the cupboard ready for cold days. Windows are covered in plastic to help keep the cold out, and then patched because of a stupid cat.. 

I have many crochet and sewing projects lined up to keep me busy, and of course school. 

We haven't done much school on paper the last few weeks, but the kids have been making shapes and letters with their hot wheels and matchbox cars.. So they have been 'doing school'. 

Dennis and I are brainstorming ways to to save money. We feel stuck with our monthly bills, and most of them we can't change, but we are looking into ones we can.  We have Google TV and Google Chromecast to switch to to eliminate the satellite TV bill, along with subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. We are working on the cell bills, but not entirely sure what we are doing there as only one provider that has reception in our area.  

Dry Cocoa Mix
1 Cup Dry Milk
1 Cup Dry Creamer
1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa 
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Blend on high for 2 minutes to make the grains fine, then use 3 tablespoons per coffee mug cup of hot water.  
Add to leftover coffee for a homemade mocha, or add some vanilla for vanilla flavored hot chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment