Triple Clicks

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

I realized this morning that I completely forgot to post last week from my shopping trip. I'm sorry. It's been a crazy week.  We took a road trip and the kids and I got sick.. So we are finally back here.  I hope you were able to find some awesome deals on Thanksgiving food last week.  


So I figured I'd give you my meal plan for Thanksgiving. It's no big spread as I'm hearing many of my friends are doing, but it's something.  

Bone in Ham 
Rolls 
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Pumpkin Pie
Banana Cream Pie


A lot of our favorites have been eliminated thanks to the food allergies. I have a really hard time eating foods in front of my kids that they can't have.. So I just eliminated the sweet potatoes.  

The rolls will be if I remember them... I never do, so we'll see. The ham gets thrown in the crock pot with brown sugar in the morning and by the time the Macy's parade is over, lunch is done. :)   Mashed potatoes and corn are pretty simple. 

I'm making the pies today. My husband really wants pumpkin with whipped topping of course (which was on sale for .67 a container). I've never made banana cream pie before.. but I needed something for Eva since she can't have the pumpkin and there's a can of that in the cupboard and I plan on eating it with Eva so she's not the only one eating something different.  

Also today I'm making cinnamon rolls for breakfast/brunch. We usually eat lunch pretty early... but we get up really early too..so it throws everything else out of whack.  So I'm hoping the cinnamon rolls will keep the kids happy until lunch is done.  

How I plan on my morning going, is getting all the prep work done by the time the parade starts-including washing and chopping the potatoes.  That way all I have to do is turn on burners and throw the rolls in the oven and things will be done when the parade is done.   We are still working on what traditions we want on Holidays for our family, but I think cinnamon rolls during the parades is a great start.  

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. I'm putting a reminder on my phone to do a post every week...so barring sickness, I'll be better about doing posts. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment