Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Woohoo! Got two stockings done! I started last January or February with Eva's, then went on to Andrew's. I'm now working on crosstitching the front part of Grace's. We bought the fabric, which is just a Christmas red cotton for the backings when we bought the pattern book and Aida cloth. I did forget to buy red thread, but I have maroon, so figured it would work just fine.
So here's how I did the stocking part of the stocking.
Two down! Five to Go!
This is the outline to tell me what to cross stitch where. I added 1/4 inch to it for seam allowance, which I didn't end up needing, so when I get Grace's down, I'll not do that.
This is the finished crossstitched design. I added a 1/4 inch seam allowance before I cut, with Grace's I'll add a half inch.
I put my fabric and my aida cloth right sides together pinned and sewed all but the top edge.
Then I took my zig zag scissors and trimmed the extra red fabric so there wasn't as much in the seams when I turned it right side out.
The back half of the stocking, I did a rolled hem to stop the fraying since my sewing machine doesn't do a zig zag stitch.
Then again I pinned the right sides together and sewed around the edge. I added some lacy ribbon for the hook part for when I hang them.
I was using the edge of my foot on my machine to make sure the seam was even all the way around.
And here we are. I did the hook backwards on Andrew's, but it should work just fine.
Now all we need is command hooks to hang them on the wall. :)