Triple Clicks

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Baby is Here!

Our new little girl came to meet us last week. Thursday morning, Hannah Faith came to meet us at 8:21 AM.  She was 6 pounds 6 ounces. Cute little bug! :D 


We did a home birth, and I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to go straight to my own bed and take showers in my own bathroom versus worrying about nurses coming in every half an hour.  And the bigger kids didn't have to be without mommy at least to come get quick hugs.  I'm still resting and forcing myself not to lift anything heavier than little Hannah so I can heal.  We are blessed that Dennis could schedule his vacation time around baby coming-although that prodermal labor through a loop in it, we do have him home to help for the rest of the week as I get my strength back. 

We've also been blessed from different friends and family to have help with meals and birth cleanup.  

My sister was my doula, I can't tell you how nice it was to have a coach other than Dennis who could concentrate on just me-and baby-and was also here to help with the cleanup that I couldn't.  Check her out at Extraordinary Birth, Doula Services, or on Facebook.  She's guest posted on here before.   She also helped a lot with relaxation and natural pain management that I had no idea about.  

Next week is going to prove to be busy, but we'll get through it and I'm sure the kids will help once they get the hang of it.  Hannah has Andrew and Eva wrapped around her little finger-although Andrew disappears when the diaper changes come. :) Grace is learning to share momma, and getting used to it a little at a time.   

Have a good week! 

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment