Triple Clicks

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Shopping Trip April 7th

Nope, no baby yet.. To say I'm impatient is a severe understatement. 

So we went grocery shopping today.  I'm 39 weeks pregnant, grocery shopping with an (almost) 6 year old, 4 year and 2 year old.  You can imagine how much I had (insert sarcastic tone).  

I can tell you one thing. I am SO GRATEFUL for Hyvee's online Aisles shopping and pick up service I can't even express.   You go on their site, create an account, then pick out what groceries you want. You pick the store, and a pick up time for pick up times available at that store.. They do the shopping for you, anything under $100 has a fee, over $100 is free (at least for our store, I don't know if that varies or not).  They also have delivery, but we are too far away for that.  So that's what we did this time.  

I skipped the bakery outlet and Dollar Tree. I just didn't have the energy to deal with them and the kids.  I was zapped after Sam's. I paid extra for the few things we did need from those two stores or found a way to do without. (like a magnetic notepad-I'm using scratch paper and a magnet, and new laundry baskets-I get hte cheap ones for the kids, I just added more tape to them lol).  What bread we did need, I just paid extra for at Hyvee.  

Yes, we paid more for groceries this month, but it was so worth it! 

Hyvee total was $205

Sam's total was $205

Sam's I got so many 'make easy' meals my freezers are stuffed. Yes, we have premade food, but there are also some that are just easy meals to put together... Honestly, I think the most difficult on my meal list is the salsbury steak (totally from scratch) and the chicken fried steak (Sam's has awesome precooked 'steaks' for this, all I have to do is cook those and make the sides).  I have been completely tired and not wanting to cook at all the past few weeks, so having easy, throw together meals will help that feeling.. and if I decide to skip the salsbury steak, I can do anything with hamburger.  

So that was our adventure today... Time to rest now and wait for help to get the rest of the groceries put away. 

Have a great week-and hopefully I'll have a picture of a baby to share next week! 

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment