Triple Clicks

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Things Keep Getting Interesting....

Dennis and I have decided we want to start May over again and do a redo. Anybody with us? 

Our fridge has been going out for awhile.  A friend suggest we defrost it, so tried that it helped for a few weeks... Then the freezer went out.  I had forgotten I had cabbage in the freezer until I came out and smelled it rotting.  I hate that smell.  

Fortunately, it was Memorial Day weekend when it got bad, so we put it off for a few days and were able to take advantage of the sale. $1400 Kenmore side-by-side fridge for $800 plus tax, free delivery from the city (45 miles with where the store sits).   Not too shabby.  

Unfortunately, they can't deliver until the 6th. SO.... shopping every couple of days and using the cooler I use for grocery shopping trips in the meantime.  The old fridge is still somewhat good, but it's a guess as to which day it's going to behave and which day it's going to freeze everything... So things like eggs and lettuce I have to be careful about leaving them in the fridge. 

It also means I can't do a big shopping trip until the fridge comes...so it's gonna be a couple weeks before y'all get that.  And it also means I most likely won't have the help to go through Aldis like I wanted.  Oof, that's gonna hurt, but I'll make it (with or without all my hair is the question).  

Our second car also bit the dust.  We took it in for an oil change and a once over, they drained the oil and found metal shavings everywhere.... The same thing happened with our old Focus before it blew up... twice (long story involving an incompetent mechanic).  So..... in the driveway it sits until we figure out what to do with it.  But we really didn't do too bad with it.  It's a 2003 Saturn Vue. We bought it used with around 105,000 miles on it in 2011 for $5,000.  We've put just shy of 100,000 miles on it (seriously, like 200 miles just shy of) and it has only needed two major repairs since we bought it.  Not too shabby I would say.  

So we are down to one car.. Which is just perfectly fine, this month is just a little hairy with the going back and forth to be able to have my oldest with us... So when we have to go somewhere, we have to load all the kids up at 5 AM, take hubby to work then be back at 2 pm to pick him up.  Oof and ugh.  Coffee is my best friend this week.  


On a happy note!  I'm super excited about a new coffee shop opening in town! If  you are in the area you should come check them out! The Homestead The link is for their Facebook page, great little family that's running it and they are local sourcing a lot (if not all) of their ingredients-which makes them even better. :) 


Have a great week!!

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment