Triple Clicks

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Being A Stay At Home Mom

I read a post that a friend shared the other day about how hard it is to stay home and be a homemaker. You can check it out here.  

I'm also reading a lot of advice from experienced home school moms. 

So here's a fair warning, my opinion will ruffle some feathers-because most people say I'm too antiquated and old-fashioned. Well. I like it way, and so does my husband.

It seems I have spent the last six years defending my choice to stay home, even though a few of those years I did work in a family business outside the home. 

When my oldest was young, I was the parent who worked 60 hours a week.  I hated every minute of it and barely made ends meet.  While I know there are other factors at play, I do think those few years are why I have such a horrible relationship with her. 

Because I have that experience, I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with these kids.  Do I always show it? No, I know I know don't and I beat myself up over it when I get reminded to slow down and smell the roses. Do I get cabin fever? You bet I do.  There are days-especially in the winter, and now especially with only car again-where I just want to get out of the house, but not walk and not go to the park.  But I have these precious gifts from God that need me, and I have to take care them.  They are not burdens, they are my babies no matter how old they get. Do I have my days where I text my husband on break and tell him I'm going a little nutso?...I think I hear him laughing.... Honestly... I can't remember a day where I haven't told him the kids are driving me a little crazy. Then he reminds me to slow down, play a game with them and forget some of the housework because they are only little once. (What can I say, my husband is awesome.) Do I have days I just look at all the stuff that needs done, I rebel and just play Candy Crush or veg in front of Netflix all day? Yes, yes I do and I pay for it the next day, or even that night because we run out of diapers or we don't have any clean forks for supper.  

I am blessed to be able to stay home with my kids and take care of husband from here.  

Quite honestly, I don't know how you work out of home moms do it.  I have no idea how you can take care of your family and the house and work.  I can barely keep up with it and I get to stay home with my babies. 

I am blessed that the few friends I have in town understand that my family comes first.  And sometimes, even though I would LOVE to go see them, meet at the coffee shop or the park or wherever, I have to get housework done or somebody throws a huge fit and that means we can't leave the house as punishment (though who is punishes puzzles me..lol).  But these friends understand because they live the same lifestyle.  

It is not a burden for me to stay home with my kids.  It's a blessing.  It's a chore, yes, but a huge blessing I wouldn't trade for the world.  Quite frankly, it gets under my skin when I see something that paints kids as an inconvenience.  

The next time you get frustrated, remember God gave you those babies, ask for patience, take a deep breath and go for it.  Because those same babies are going to remember how you reacted to whatever catastrophe (real or imagined) and mimic it. Slow down, smell the roses and enjoy the messes, non stop talking (and singing, dancing and just the chaos that comes with toddlers) and cuddles.  They won't last forever and before we know it the house will be clean and quiet and we won't know what to do with ourselves. (oooo I know!!! SEW!!! lol)

Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”


Credit: The Busy Mom Blog






Have a great week! 

~Tabitha   

No comments:

Post a Comment