Triple Clicks

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

New Favorite Recipes

We are changing how we are eating around here.. And finding some pretty good recipes on the way. 

A friend suggested I keep an eye out for post bariatric surgery recipes-so very low carb and high protein that still taste good.  So I'm keeping an eye on Pinterest for that.  

Some of our new favorites are Witch Doctor's Angry Chicken. I know I found it on Pinterest-but do you think I can find it now? So it's from Melting Before your Eyes Blog , and it's awesome. (Found it, but I'll leave both links in here.) My husband jokes about it.. I make a not spicy version for the girls (no peppers, no pepperjack cheese-just cheddar so theirs is silly chicken), Andrew hates the peppers but likes the pepperjack cheese (don't ask, you'll hurt your head), his is a little frustrated chicken.  I can't eat the peppers while nursing, so I put them in my chicken for the flavor, but don't eat them-mine is slightly perturbed chicken.  And Dennis gets the full-blown Angry Chicken.  I stick them all in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, but my oven is slow. REALLY good.  

Another new favorite is Caprese Chicken.  A friend had posted a video of it made on the stovetop and I thought it looked good.  So I went looking for the recipe on Pinterest and found the foil pack version (I use shredded mozarella instead of chunks).  I gotta say, I'm loving these foil pack recipes.  I also change up the vegetable that goes under the chicken in the pack. The last time I made it, I didn't have foil so I just layered everything in a casserole dish instead of stuffing-that was good, too! 

I have been using my Cafe Bustelo coffee in my Ninja coffee maker when I make my iced coffee.  Gotta love espresso. Especially when you can get a pound for $1. :D 

Have a Great Week!!

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment