Triple Clicks

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Organization.. What organization?

I would love  to be on of those people that everything is organized and you can find it all when you want it. 


Apparently that's not in the cards for me.

The only thing I have semi organized is the school stuff... And even that I'm not done with.  It just seems like everything I start it gets interrupted to a point where I have to organize something else to get the project I started done.  

My sewing stuff is unorganized again.. I realized (after my mom hauled a heavy oak dresser DOWNSTAIRS) that I have four kids at home now.  I need that dresser UPSTAIRS.. after I had my sewing stuff where I could find it all.  :/ Grumph. So... now all it's all sitting out in the open and i'm sure the kids are just waiting for a day I take too long taking trash out to get into my embroidery thread and un-organize that.  

My dad built me a shelf, hubby put it together after we got it home.  LOVING the shelf.. but I forgot to measure the van for height when I told him how tall...we had to cut it in half to get it home. Which in the end will turn out fine.  I'm going to move the printer over by the school and have it close but out of the way. But before I can do that I have to clean out the store boxes so i can move the sheet music crate so I can put the shelf close enough to the plug in for the pencil sharpener and the printer cord to reach. (Anybody else exhausted with the thought yet?)  Before I can even start any of that, Hannah's congestion needs to clear so she will play on the floor again.  

Oofamunga. (Yes it's a word..because I say so.) 

I've been looking for a way to revamp my calendar notebook.. I'm not liking having 2 different calendars but I know it's necessary.. One for meals, one for everything else. I think when I print off next year's I will do one paper (front and back) for the same month... then I have the meals on one side and everything else on the other side.  I was recently given step-by-step instructions on how to print off of Google or Amazon cloud calendar (the most computer illiterate millennial writes this blog lol)...but I haven't messed with that yet.

I just need to remember to take one step at a time.  Also on the list for this fall (because it didn't get it done this summer) is to pull up the kid's carpet...because it's full of holes.  I have fabric cut and a huge crochet hook to make a couple carpets that will undoubtedly turn into race tracks within a day.   

But. One area at a time and it will get done.  One day. One day I'll get the house organized so I can attempt to keep up with housework. (Why is Somewhere Over the Rainbow playing through my head?)  

Take heart fellow mommies.  You aren't alone.  

For now though, I'll take my sleep deprived self, indulge on a ton of coffee and take care of my family (although I think they think they are getting starved eating salads :D).   Now. Where's the chocolate? 


Have a good week!! 

~Tabitha  

No comments:

Post a Comment