Triple Clicks

Thursday, March 8, 2018

March Meal Plan

Hello again!  

Sorry I haven't been posting much,  I'm running out of ideas for posts... and morning sickness is making my ambition go out the window.  We have been getting a lot of snow this month, winter has finally found us!! YAY! It's been a long time since I've seen a winter like this and though I'm ready to get out and walk, it's nice having the snow. 

I have tried vlogs... but. Well. Kids. It's also a little intimidating knowing that other vloggers are getting reported to CPS for having messy houses (just like... normal messy houses that comes from not cleaning constantly), and my house is lived in, it's not a show piece.  I want to do more vlogs, I want to learn how to edit them... But people are just plain mean over the internet. 

I have been sewing, I do have pictures on the camera... but the camera is in the car because I was trying to get pictures of the bald eagles on the drive to church last week. 

So onto the meal plan.  I made the meal plan.. then did the grocery list.. and the checkbook laughed... So hubby helped me redo the meal plan and grocery list... and the checkbook still laughed. SO Round 3.  The checkbook is still laughing, but quite honestly, we gotta eat...  So,  Lord willing, we'll make it.  God's got us. 

I will do a whole post of the new meals we have.. Dennis and I spent a few hours watching different videos on Amazon and YouTube yesterday to find "meals on the cheap".  Obviously their prices for the total meal are going to be different because those shows only make meals for one or two people... But the less ingredients, the cheaper it is.   And if it tastes awesome with the less ingredients, then why not?   

We also (reluctantly) added spaghetti back into the meal plan.  We haven't had pasta for dinner of any sort since Dennis started his diet in July.  So we compromised... We will be pairing it with salad, no garlic bread (whimper, we LOVE garlic bread-but the calories!!!), and less spaghetti as we will be doing salad with it.  Now, since Dennis eats salad everyday, I had to get a little creative with the salad... You know those Dole (or whatever brand..) premix salads they have now in the fresh foods sections?  We LOVE the sunflower crunch, so I went online and found that recipe and we'll be doing that with spaghetti.

Pizza on Sundays every other week for supper 
Honey Garlic Crock Pot Chicken for the other Sunday suppers
Mondays are spaghetti day with salad
Dorito Taco Salad 
Chili
fish 
Pesto Parmesan chicken
Ritz chicken
pork tenderloin
Sweet Italian Chicken
Skinny Sweet Chicken
Simple Mexican Chicken 
Parmesan Chicken


So that's our meal plan. About half it is repeated more than once, but a lot of the new ones that we aren't so sure about liking, we're trying once and probably continue but we want to try first before we commit.  

Since I'm feeling blech today, I'm going to sit here and start typing on the recipe blog..  

Have a good week! 

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment