Triple Clicks

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Dealing with Morning Sickness

Morning sickness.  The only bad thing about being pregnant.  

I have to remind myself that even though I feel like crud, it means baby is just perfectly fine.  


I'm 21ish weeks this week.. Usually way past the traditional time for morning sickness.  But baby has other ideas.


My typical go-tos have failed me. :(   What I usually do.... 

Papaya Enzyme (basically chewable, all natural tums... but they taste good).   It has done the trick since my sister found it 4 years ago.  You can find it at Walmart.. 

Mother Ease by Solar Ray.   It's a mix of stomach settling herbs that usually helps..  I gave my bottle to a friend, so I can't go look.  

I've also used peppermint tea and ginger ale.   I know many women who chew on ginger chews.   

A lot of women also have good luck with bread or crackers as a stomach settler.  I've always been told to keep soda crackers by the bed and eat a few before I get up in the morning.  The last few pregnancies, bread and I have not gotten along, so crackers or dry toast (or even toast or some breads with something on it) are out of the question.  

When I was pregnant with Grace (4 years) and Hannah (2 years), I was mostly able to eat some version of what I was craving, and I was usually good...  This baby is just turning everything upside down, proving that every pregnancy is different... Usually any form of fast food makes me sick, but this time it's the one thing that doesn't make sick some weeks.     

My only advice for those suffering from mild morning sickness... Make sure you keep your doctor/midwife informed of how you're eating.. Nutrition is very important to keep you strong and baby growing healthy.   Obviously there's many women who suffer from extremely bad morning sickness, your doctor can help with that.  If you can't keep anything down, call your doctor.  

I'm in no way a medical professional, so please don't take my experience as such.  I'm simply a mom of 6 whose dealt with morning sickness for 5 pregnancies.   


Have a great week! 
~Tabitha


No comments:

Post a Comment