Triple Clicks

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Meal Planning for April/May

This is not my week for anything I think... Let's try round 2 with this.  

I opened the blog to find a post on morning sickness I had forgotten to finish... So I'm still working on that. 

We realized last week that I had planned from a Saturday to a Wednesday last month.. so we had to go pick up a few things to get us through this week.  We're trying to keep our shopping days on Saturdays. 

Dennis has been helping me with the grocery lists and meal planning the last couple of months, which I absolutely love.  Not only is it finding us some yummy recipes, but it's getting us out of the rut of the same old stuff.  So we have a lot of new recipes again this month, but they all sound really yummy to us.  

Now, most of these recipes are from a site through his work, so I can't link to them this month.  If you want a recipes, let me know.  I'm definitely going to try sharing some of our favorites. 

So, the two we've tried (because we had almost all of the ingredients) BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwiches and Garlic Stuffed Roast...  Both are actually really good (yes, I was a little surprised).  The roast actually called for a standing rib roast, but we had a deer roast in the freezer that needed ate, so used that instead.  

We have both been wanting to get back into smoothies, but have been struggling to find a way to be able to afford it... So we're going to try getting frozen fruit from Sam's, then we'll have juice or almond milk to finish them off.  Once the fruit is gone, so are the smoothies... 

We also have two birthday meals this month, Andrew and Hannah.  
Andrew got the choice between ice cream or premade cupcakes (because I just don't have the ingredients or time this week to get a  cake made for Saturday, luckily he loves ice cream)... Now we just have to make a special stop to get Dippin' Dots because it seems none of the stores we are stopping at have them.  Weird. Hannah is getting a cake or cupcakes.. Haven't decided yet lol.  

Breakfast meals:  Other than the normal eggs, bacon, yogurt cereal and the like...  
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Breakfast Pizza 
Basil Tomato Frittata
Coconut Carrot Morning Glory Muffins
Cinnamon Rolls (depending on how the muffins go over anyway)

Saturday lunches we're doing one new a week 
Mediterranean Stir Fry 
Pulled Pork
Easy Beef and Bean Taco Casserole
Roasted Chicken Salad

Sunday dinners-rotate every other week
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Pizza

Wednesday lunches we're doing leftovers

Dinner Meals:
Oven BBQ Asian Chicken
Garlic Chicken
Five Spice Tilapia
Teriyaki Marinated Chicken
Garlic Stuffed Roast
Smoky Maple Mustard Salmon (using tilapia instead)
Dorito Taco Salad (I got this recipe from a friend on Facebook, and the calories are surprisingly really low plus it's yummy enough the kids ask for seconds)
Ritz Cracker Chicken
Crockpot Chicken Tacos (using the turkey I found in the freezer)
Sweet and Spicy Balsamic Chicken
Glazed Chicken
Crockpot Chicken Philly
Easy Parmesan Chicken
Cajun Chicken and Rice
Caprese Chicken 


Something new to us this month, we're are making our own bread.  I have a recipe from a YouTuber I watch a lot (Our Tribe of 10) that I'm going to try because it uses honey instead of sugar.  I am buying hamburger buns and hoagie rolls this time... but I will also be trying the hamburger buns again.   

I think that's all that's happening this week!  


Have a great week! 
~Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. All those meals sound amazing, I can and will eat about anything haha. I also am a stay at home mom!!!! Thank you or the good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We are trying to eat healthier to help my husband with his weight loss journey, so we've eliminated a lot of the carb filled recipes most bigger families use... So it's a bit of a struggle to stay in budget. Most of these meals came from a program he can use through his work, so most are new to us.

      Delete