Triple Clicks

Friday, October 26, 2018

Snack Mix

We've been doing sandwiches for Sunday lunches for a few months now... We decided to do trail mix with the sandwiches.   

Right now I'm making two different trail mixes because mine has to be Elijah friendly... but I forgot to get a picture of mine... 

Raisins  3.98
reese's covered pretzels 3.24
hershey covered pretzels 3.24
almond m&ms 2 4.86
Protein Granola 2.99
sesame sticks  2.89
banana chips 2.19

We also had walnuts, but we bought those last month so I don't have the price. 

So here's everything all ready to go.. The only thing I measured was the walnuts because the rest just gets the entire bag dumped in.





We found this at Aldi.  It's pretty good. 

We usually get plain sesame sticks, but we saw these and said "yum" 


I have to mix stage by stage or I have problems... I just don't have anything big enough to mix it all at once.  


A few months ago we decided we wanted something different...but still sweet.. So upon looking at Aldi and then at Walmart, we found these yummy creations.



Just keep mixing, just keep mixing, just keep mixing, mixing, mixing..

Whew! Done.

All done and bagged... The kids get 1/4 cup each, Dennis gets a cup... and I get something minus the yummy pretzels.  But at least I can have almond m&ms again!

I was spotted by this little beauty.  For some reason, watching me making snack mix is fun?



So usually our snack mix changes from month to month.. but I think we've finally found a combo we like-at least for now...  Apparently I added too many walnuts (oops)..  Now, if you are keeping track of calories... well, this is definitely NOT low calorie friendly... BUT, for the most part,  the majority is actually healthy for you.  What I added:
6 cups of walnuts
12 oz (1 bag) banana chips
11 oz (1 bag) Protein Granola Oats & Honey
7.5 oz (1 bag) Honey Sesame Sticks
22 oz (1 small container) Sun Maid Raisins
2 bags 15.9 oz each almond m&m's 
8.5 oz Reese's Dipped Pretzels
8.5 oz Cookies N Creme Dipped Pretzels


That gave us 13 1 cup servings... Or for us, 6 weeks of Sunday snack mix.    As for the price.. 

Raisins  3.98

reese's covered pretzels 3.24
hershey covered pretzels 3.24
almond m&ms 2 4.86
Protein Granola 2.99
sesame sticks  2.89
banana chips 2.19

$23.39 for that much.. Plus less  than two dollars for the walnuts as the whole bag was only around $8.  

So.. $4.16 for 6 people for one week of snacks to go with our sandwiches...  Sure, chips are cheaper, but this has some healthy stuff to it instead of flavored potatoes and air fried in oil. 

That's it for now.

Have a great week!

~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment