Triple Clicks

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Getting Ready For Baby 2020

Yep, you read that right. We're expecting again.

Things are a little different this time.  Dennis is home more and I am extra thankful for it as this pregnancy has had it's difficulties.  He's my clear head when my hormones are going wacky and I can't think straight. He also helps keep me doing the day to day things when I just don't feel good.  It's so easy to say "ok, no school, no chores" when you are sick and don't feel like moving, but we have to keep looking at the end result (in this particular case, summer break) because the sooner we get done, the sooner we get summer break.

I've been having blood sugar issues this time around. It's been high.. Which is a little concerning for me because my numbers are usually really LOW.   We decided we couldn't do this pregnancy on our own like we have Hannah and Elijah...  That in itself has us both reeling a bit but knowing I have a midwife has taken a bit of the stress off of me.  A bit, not much...  I was told to eat a high protein diet, try to stay away from simple sugars.. Which has actually been surprisingly easy since sugar of any sort has been making me sick since I got pregnant.

The past two weeks of what seems like constant doctor visits has us all a bit crazy and the kids a bit behind in school.  But that's ok.  We'll still get done before June.  😆

Once I started testing my blood sugars, I realized the numbers were near the cutoff of gestational diabetes..  So I changed my diet the best I could- but honestly, with morning sickness it's that much harder.  The numbers weren't getting better so we went to a midwife.

Fortunately I passed the sugar tests!  I have been put on a high protein, low to no sugar diet...  I'm having sugar withdrawals.  But I'm finding fruit and whipped cream on top of waffles and cinnamon rolls is actually pretty good. 

This coronavirus crud is messing with my midwife appointments.     The nurse was kind enough to explain to me what to look for in case I need to reschedule... which I did.. And now grocery shopping is a bit in the air...  Has me a bit nervous to go, but that's a whole different story.  I was told to watch for cold symptoms with a fever... The problem?  Every time Elijah teeths, he has cold symptoms with a low grade fever... Guess what 20 month olds do? TEETH.  UUUGGGHHHH. 

Ok, ok.. Back to the baby.  What am I sewing this time?  A quilt, of course.. I'm trying my first hexagon quilt.  It's turning out super cute.  I sewed a lot of nursing pads (I'm collecting pictures or you can check out my Pinterest Sewing boards.)   I'm hoping to be able to not buy nursing pads this time, so I spent the money on water proofing material.   I need nursing covers, yes more than one.. That way I can keep one in the diaper bag at all times.. and have a few extra for when baby spits up on them-because it's gonna happen.   I'm really liking the full coverage ones.. so I'm going to attempt with some recycled fabric before I try with my brand new fabric I picked up.  I would love to make some baby in a bags that are summer weather friendly-we'll see how much time we have.. And our diaper bag is in major need of going away... But again, we'll see how much time we have. 

Right now I'm in the middle of the quilt.. I have to pause to make Hannah's birthday present (she outgrew her Miami Dolphin clothes) and Elijah is in major need of pants... Thankfully I found a ton of material when I digging out the batting for the quilt so I don't need to buy pants and pants are really easy to make. 

Add all of this to the normal craziness and trying to remember to keep the diffuser going with an immune boosting blend... Yep.  Life is crazy. 


~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment