Triple Clicks

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Shopping Trip 5/13 and Vlogs

When I looked at the sales ads last Wednesday I was a little worried about my budget.  There wasn't much there for sales.  

But I planned out my meals and did my best to find foods that would stretch.   By the grace of God we made it home in under $500.  


Aldi's had some great prices, eggs last week were $.49 a dozen. WOW Hyvee was racing them at $.59 for 18 count.  So I got the max I could get with the fridge space I have and came home with 6 dozen-I still had two dozen left from the week before.  

I got most of my meat at Sam's.  While that is the case most months, I can't always say I'll be spending $10 on 10 pounds of chicken legs.  This is because the packages are by weight.  The average is $5 a package, but it varies either way, so I always over estimate, just in case.  I was also able to grab meats that were on their way out the door.  You can save a lot of money if you can figure out when your local grocer puts the meats on sale to get them gone by a certain date.  Some of our easy lunches this month are chicken and cheese quesadillas-so I needed chicken.  I decided to spend the $10-$15 on a two pack of whole chickens at Sams.  Usually I just get the cheaper one, but they had organic chickens on quick sale (nearing the 'date').. So I got those and I'll throw them in the crock pot tomorrow to get them cooked.  Watch my video on my repackaging the meat.  

At the bread outlet I spent over $9 (12 loaves+pop tarts-hey they were $1 a box!!), so I got a free loaf of bread.  So.. $10, 13 loaves of bread and a box of pop tarts.  

We are working on getting some vlogs out there.  Check me out on YouTube, for now my YouTube name is the same as my blog "Tabitha H Stay At Home Wife and Mom".  If this keeps working, then I'll get a separate YouTube channel just for my vlogging.  I'm really enjoying-when it does work anyway.  

We just added the road trip to the city to grocery shop, but we didn't think about the music in the background and aren't sure about the editing.. Because technology and I do not get along lol.  So YouTube is editing out audio because of copyright infringement.  I have figured out I need to use my husband's tablet, because my kindle just doesn't like that stuff.  I'm hoping we can get a GoPro to make it easier.  

I'm also working on monetizing the blog to help us with finances, but yet again, technology and I do not get along.  My attention span is almost nil right now, Hannah has grass and pollen allergies so sleep seems to be almost non existent.  I grabbed some Cafe Bustelo today, so I see homemade coffee drinks in my future.  I'm figuring out quickly that if I can find a picture to add to put this on Pinterest, that has been helping my reader content.... Thank you all SO MUCH!! I love writing, and being able to share the little things, it's fun!  

Also today, I grabbed  the folders I needed to finish organizing the school stuff, so I'll get some blogs and maybe even a vlog out about that.  

Have a great week! 

~Tabitha 

No comments:

Post a Comment