Triple Clicks

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Meal Planning for June/July

How can it be the middle of June already?! 

It dawned on me the other day I only have 10-14 weeks before baby #6 comes.   

I'm not ready for this... Does that sound weird? lol.  We have everything we need.  Thanks to my sister, we have a car seat and a new cloth diaper stash (I'll be sharing that in a later post).  Thanks to big kids, we already have a ton of clothes and the bit of baby gear we need.   If we have a boy, we'll have to make sure we have nicer clothes for church... and depending on how fast babe grows depends on what I'll need to make or find for winter clothes... We've never had a baby in the fall or late summer before, they've all been late winter/spring babies.   

Now that being said.. I'm feeling this heat.  Oof it's rough.  I'm used to walking a lot in the summer.. because that's when we can walk and I was really looking forward to being able to get out and walk at least a few times a week.  Well..  Those walks are going to have to slow down or get shorter, baby did not like the walk we took the other day. 

Now.  Onto the meal planning. 

I'm switching some things up a bit.. We are trying our best not to turn the AC on unless needed.. which means I'm trying to cook food in the oven on batches and on colder days.   I'm also trying out some freezer foods for when baby comes..  Frozen homemade pizza, frozen croissant breakfast sandwiches, frozen homemade hot pockets.   We also decided to help the budget and the taste, we need to mix the wheat flour with white flour... and use just white flour for things like cookies and pizza dough and bread... because it just tastes better.  

So.. on my list for breakfasts when Dennis is home (we're pretty boring the days he works.. eggs, bacon, yogurt and cereal for the kids).  
Croissant breakfast sandwiches
Omelets
Cinnamon Rolls
Cowboy Hash 

I'm really hoping we like the croissant breakfast sandwiches, because I can pre-make those, freeze them, then all we have to do is put them in the oven or toaster oven and it's a quick breakfast.. I'll also make some egg free for our four year old.  

For Dennis' work lunch we're not changing anything.  Salad (which is a home-mix of romaine, cabbage and spinach) with croutons, bacon bits, sunflower seeds and dressing.  A pickle, boiled eggs and some sort of Little Debbie-type snack for a treat.  The dressing depends on what Aldi has. 

For our weekday lunches, we're trying homemade hot pockets, I've been making meatless goulash for the kids and PB & J... I usually eat eggs or leftovers depending on what's there.  

Wednesdays we're back to getting chicken strips from Sam's.. and we bought a french fry cutter to do homemade french fries in hopes with a uniform cut, they'll cook better.. my homemade fries aren't that grand.  We're usually cleaning or doing yard work on Saturdays, so that's a pretty easy lunch for me to throw in the oven.  If we have a ton of leftovers, we'll do leftovers instead. 

Saturday lunches we'll have a week of Chicken Breast Lettuce Cups (basically a chicken breast sandwich except using lettuce for the bun, and a week of meatball subs, then rotate... 

Snacks.. I'm sure I'll make cookies at some point.. but I'm getting fruit and raisins and peanuts.  And we always have popcorn. 

Now onto the main event. The Dinners.. Most of these we'll do more than once, but there a few of them we've never had that we'll only do once.  
  

Dorito Taco Salad
Honey Mustard Chicken Avocado Salad
Homemade Pizza (some pepperoni, some Hawaiian)
Pesto Parmesan Chicken and Salad
Skinny Sweet Chicken and Salad
Smoky Maple Mustard Fish Fillets and Broccoli and Potatoes
Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches and fries
Sweet and Sour Chicken and Fried Rice
Crockpot Hawaiian Meatballs
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad
BBQ Chicken Salad
BLT Salad
Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole (freezer meal!!)
Pineapple Chicken Tenders and Salad
Dijon Grilled Pork Chops, Broccoli and Potatoes
Cheesy Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole 


Man.. Now I'm hungry just typing that all up again!  


The baby is doing good, kicking up a storm, especially when the big kids try to cuddle.  

Shopping trip coming this weekend with a trip to the Farmer's Market!! Hopefully we can get some good deals. 

Have a good week! 

~Tabitha


No comments:

Post a Comment