Triple Clicks

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Catching Up On The Crazy of Life

 We've spent all summer cleaning up the yard from last year's storm damage and the general maintenance that comes with having a ton of trees. I'm thankful for trees, I'm thankful for the shade they provide.  But right now, I'm sick and tired of trees. 


Now we're actually getting onto cleaning out the garage. 


I had great plans this summer.. Building shelves, building things to be able to USE my kitchen cupboards. Well. None of that happened. 


I'm just now getting to a corner bookshelf.  Every time I think I have it done, something else needs adjusted to make it sturdy. :/  I did finally get up the courage to use the circle saw.  Now I feel a little sheepish for not using it earlier.  




My shelves definitely need some reinforcement...But I personally think it doesn't look TOOOO bad.  I'm  debating if I need to budget money for paint... Because I used my boards  to write measurements so I wouldn't loose them lol. 


I've also been re-binding books.  Our poor books are so loved they are literally falling apart.  So I went on YouTube and learned.  Here's a hymnal I've done recently-needed resewn and rebound.  that was quite the experience.  



We'll see how far I get.  

My parents made some other shelves for me.  One of the ones they made was for Barbie supplies for hte girls-it needs some sturdy that can withstand everyone from the one year old to the 11 year old.  The plastic ones from Dollar Tree have lasted about a year now, but I was hoping to find a better solution.  


I also need some sort of storage solution for beside my chair... Which could get interesting as I now have a very comfy-almost too comfy-overstuffed chair.  My husband laughs every time I sit down because I almost disappear in the chair.  


I still want to fix my lack of storage in the kitchen.. and the floor still needs redone.... But, one thing at a time-none of that is counting everything else on my list... 


Anxiety now on high.  



~Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment