Triple Clicks

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Monkey Bread!

Andrew volunteered me to make monkey bread, my mom is coming up for the Sculpture Walk in Sioux Falls.  

I found this monkey bread recipe from Little House Living.  We loved it when I made it a few weeks ago, so we made it again.  It's for breakfast in the morning, but making it ahead all we have to do is warm it up in the morning.  

I did change the recipe a bit.  I used warm milk for the yeast instead of warm water.  And instead of the dipping in butter and cinnamon sugar mix, we did two different flavors.  Caramel and cinnamon sugar.  





Dough resting 



Caramel Sauce!!! 

The cut pieces of the dough after it's rolled out

Butter the pan and toss the pieces in

For the caramel, I just poured the caramel over the pieces.  For cinnamon sugar, I sprinkled sugar and cinnamon. 


Caramel monkey bread 

The done monkey bread. LOOKS GOOD!!




I doubled the monkey bread recipe... because we are pigs lol.  My caramel recipe, also doubled-I didn't have enough last time, this time I had too much-but leftover caramel is yummy. 
Caramel Sauce

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup butter


Melt all together, bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes then cool.  Make sure you keep stirring or it will burn! 



Have a good week!!!

~Tabitha










No comments:

Post a Comment