Triple Clicks

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

PVC Chair Cushion

I'm sure you've seen all these different things people are making out of PVC pipe lately.  I found instructions for a PVC chair and enlisted my parent's help-so I can't tell you how they did it-but I can give you the link I printed off for them... which dad took and made a throne instead of a chair. :D But Andrew says it's comfortable lol. He thought it needed to be sturdier so used bigger pipe.  Well... Sort of, after rescouring my Pinterest, I can't find the instructions anymore... So here's an article that features many ideas to use PVC pipe for, I know I found instructions for the cushion, but I can't find that either.


Here's the finished chair,  I found this outdoor material when I was sorting my scraps. I would say there was about a yard and a half and I think we measured it to be around 48 inches, but it was cut from something else. 



So I took the raw edges, cut them straight and sewed the seam 3 different times, inside out to make sure it was strong, I also used some upholstery thread I had sitting around-that much stronger. I turned it right side out and sewed the ends shut.



Then came the fun part- getting the heavy duty snaps on (note the sarcasm).  I tried to space them evenly but I clearly did not get enough.. Get extras, like 3 packages worth-just get A LOT lol.  I have four on one end and five on the other and it's barely enough, so next time I'm at a store, I'm getting more.  To know how far apart to put them , I wrapped an end around the pipe and added about of inch of extra space so it has wiggle room when he sits and wiggles, then marked an 'x'.  Hammered on the snaps... about four different times as it didn't cooperate the first times.. and attached. 



Here's the chair without the cushion.  I had dad put the seat about 12 inches off the ground to fit our little kid table.  



Here's Andrew trying out his completely finished chair. 




In other happenings, I've been doing some sewing for the baby. You've seen the cute little slipper shoes in the middle. On the left in a little snuggie blanket I found on Pinterest.  Crocheted granny square with an elephant ( so cute!!!!) and a first attempt at a light weight baby in a bag-it needs work before I share the instructions.



~Tabitha 


No comments:

Post a Comment